TBD - pages‎ > ‎


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


Contacting Teachers and Staff Members


Q: How do I contact a SLE teacher or staff member?

A: See the Staff Directory for room numbers, email addresses, and phone numbers. SLE teachers and staff have an email address as follows: first initial and last name at slvusd.org. For example, Jane Doe would be jdoe[at]slvusd.org. There may be a few exceptions, which will be noted in the Staff Directory.




Q: Can I bring my dog to pick up and drop off, even if it is really friendly?

A: While we like dogs, they are not allowed on school property during school hours. Before and after school hours dogs must remain on a leash at all times per local code.




Q: My child forgot his lunch at home, what are my options?

A: You have two options:

  1. Bring your child's LABELED lunch to the SLE Office. 
  2. Your child may get a Hot Lunch voucher from the office entitling him to a meal. The office staff will phone you for permission before issuing a voucher, and you will be billed for the meal.




Q: What do I do if my child will be missing school?
Q: My child is sick, what do I do?
Q: My child has an appointment during the school day, what do I do?
Q: My child will be missing school for a vacation/family emergency, what do I do?


A: If your child will be absent for any reason, please contact the SPRINGER OFFICE as follows:


If your child is sick:

  • Call the attendance hotline (831 335-7770) before 8:30 a.m. Please report your students name, your name and relationship, date of the absence and the nature of the illness.
  • Continue to call each day that your child stays home.


If your child will miss school for an appointment:

  • Remind your child of the appointment before school.

  • Come to the office--not the classroom--to check out your child and sign a form indicating the reason and time of departure.

  • Return your child to the office to check in after the appointment.


If your child will miss school due to a family vacation or emergency:

  • Notify the school of the planned absence by stopping into the office in person or calling the school (831 335-7770).

  • If your child will will miss fewer than 5 days, the absence will be treated as an UNEXCUSED ABSENCE. The school loses all funding for this unexcused absence ($32 per day), and your child misses valuable days of instruction. Please consider making a donation to the school for lost funding due to unexcused absences.

  • If your child will be away 5 days or longer, please request an Independent Study Plan in the office. Your child’s teacher will give you a list of assignments to be completed